Monday, November 2, 2009

Gym Workouts - Love it or Hate it?

I have a love/hate relationship with the gym. On the days I find myself hating the gym, I force myself to go and by the end of my workout I feel glad I did. Because of this love/hate relationship, I’m always researching new ways to stay fit and active. I enjoy trying out new cardio routines to help keep my workouts interesting and body guessing. This past Spring I discovered a 16 week routine on iwantsixpackabs.com from watching you tube videos. Now this workout is catered towards men but I was able to alter the routine for my fitness level. This is an awesome but challenging program, in my opinion, for men and women!!

Exercise

In a perfect world I will workout everyday for 4-6 hours (not really). Since I’m not in a perfect world and “life happens” sometimes going to the gym is not an option. In order to stick with my weekly fitness goals, I will engage in cardio routines at home. Here is one of my favorite but VERY CHALLENGING routines from iwantsixpackabs.com. Please don’t feel intimidated by this routine; I haven’t mastered it myself. Not familiar with some of these exercises? No problem because you can find videos on You Tube.

Spartan 300 (iwantsixpackabs.com)
Jump Squat (30 reps)
Staggered pushups (30 reps)
 Alternating Split Squat Jump (30 reps)
 Explosive pushups (30 reps)
 Prison squat (30 reps)
 Hindu pushups (30 reps)
 Kneeling Row (30 reps)
 Burpees (30 reps)
Pull ups (30 reps)
Double Crunch (30 reps)

Complete a total of 300 reps combined. NO PRISONErS... NO MERCY

No comments:

Followers