Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weight-loss Woes


Last week was a busy and fun week for me. Thursday night was dinner and a play with friends; Friday was happy hour with friends to get the weekend on a good foot; and Saturday was my cousin’s baby shower. Now just in those three days I gained 6lbs which put me back at 138lbs. Just when I broke through my plateau and hit 132lbs a minor set back. The sad part is I knew too much was going on for me in the same week. Now, I could have skipped happy hour but decided not too.


For the next two weeks my focus is getting those sad six pounds off before I head to Atlanta. The plan is to continue brown bagging my lunches and skipping out on the happy hours and diners out. For my work outs, I’m switching up my routine from Jillian Michaels. Yes, I’m giving Jillian a rest. Yes, I still love her and will resume her DVDs in the near future. Besides, I still have two JM DVDs to use. Since this is crunch time for me to get off these six pounds I need to switch up my workouts. By switching up your workouts just to keep your body guessing helps to burn fat faster and consistently.

The fitness DVD for the next two weeks is by the firm: 500 Calorie Workout. This DVD is no joke (mini review). The DVD is an hour of intense cardio and weight training mixed into one. For the life of me I can not master the cardio/aerobic moves because obviously coordination is not my strong point. For this reason, I only used the DVD once and decided to give it another try. Instead of following the cardio moves in the DVD I put together my own cardio routine to do. The weight training circuits I follow and so far so good. At the end of my workouts I’m drenched with sweat from head to toe and I love it. You ladies will be the first to know if I reached my goal by the end of next week. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Followers