Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Protective Styles Experimentation

For the past couple of weeks, I've experimented with flat twists as a protective style. The goal is to have a protective style that will last from one wash until the next and gruesome workouts. The crazy part is that I cannot braid or twist. Practice for me is essential because I want to learn how to do more styles for myself. Here is my first attempt at flat twists and a bun which resulted from a massive failed attempt at a flat twist out.

This is the end result of the flat twist out.


Did I mention that I was getting ready for work with minutes before I needed to leave. So I settled for a bun.


To start with my flat twist and bun I sectioned the bottom half and singled twisted.


Next I flat twisted my hair to the back.


This is what the back looked like when finish. With more practice my twist will look neater but since I'm wearing a bun I wasn't concerned.


The end result with my bun I used synthetic braid and wrapped around my ponytail and secured with hair pins.


Front view

No comments:

Followers