Monday, July 5, 2010

Fighting another weight plateau

Yes, once again I find myself fighting another plateau which cause for a self re-evaluation. Bad eating habits are the culprit this time around. Every week I prepare my meals and brown bag it to work. Except for the last two weeks; I’ve ate out more than usual. Since I’m not dieting, depriving myself food is not an option so if I want chocolate then chocolate it is. However, moderation is the key and I lost focus over the last two weeks. More over, my workout routines stayed the same which caused me not to gain weight or lose it.


The first plan of action is to trim down the number of times I eat out. For instance, last week I had a business lunch and dinner out with a best friend. Next time, I’ll plan dinner with a friend the following week and add an additional day of cardio. Cardio is my secret weapon against the excess pounds and I hate it so. Yes, I hate cardio but it’s necessary for me so I deal with it. The next step is to switch up my workout for muscle confusion in order to keep my body guessing. For example, adding an extra ½ mile to my daily mile run. Then finally I purchased a new cardio DVD by Jillian Michaels “Banish Fat Boost Metabolism”. The review on the DVD is coming soon!

All in all, I love my new body and 13 lbs makes such a BIG difference and I only have 10 more to go for reaching my goal. Several people advised me to stay at my current weight and that I look great. Even though the compliments are pouring in I have to stay focus on my goal and get the last 10 lbs off. For my height, another 10 lbs is ideal and healthy; I just hope my body agrees. Once the last 10 lbs are gone I plan to tone which will lead to weight gain. BUT muscle weight gain is always welcomed by me.


149 lbs January 2010


145lbs February 2010


139lbs March 2010





136lbs

4 comments:

GFS said...

Ok, I really need to get back on the ball after seeing your weight loss. It's so hard to do right when there is temptation all around.

Ms. Harmony said...

MODERATION...that's they key. This time around I do not deprive myself of anything I just have it in moderation. That way I'm craving less and can resist more. It's not easy for me either.

Raquiiba Bolton-Dawes said...

Wow! On you 13 pounds does look wonderful! Keep up the good work! I feel you! If you want to go the last 10 pounds go for it! :) Keep on your journey lady! :0 )

Ms. Harmony said...

Thanks so much for the kind words. My friends keep telling me to stop I look fine. But losing the extra 10 is a personal goal for me. I plan to go for it and of course keep you ladies posted!!

Followers