Thursday, March 11, 2010

Success and Disaster


For the past month or so I’ve been experimenting with baking soda/ac vinegar rinse for cleansing my tresses. Before using this method I will experience dry and frizzy hair even after I DC. After several experiments I’ve decided to incorporate this method into my routine permanently. The baking soda/ac vinegar rinse leaves my hair so soft and frizz free. As a follow up, I DC with ORS Replenishing Conditioner and pre-poo with cocoa nut oil as an added bonus. My wash day was a success.


Now for the disaster, I roller set my hair and flat iron for a length check after my mini chop. Surprisingly, my hair was quite even and an additional trim is not needed at this time. However, my set was horrendous. The process of rolling my hair was less than 40 minutes but I didn’t apply enough tension in order to smooth my new growth. Needless to say wearing my hair down was not an option. Instead I rocked a messy bun with flat twists on each side. Unfortunately, no pictures to share and hopefully the description provide a visual.

Permanent Wash Day Routine for Transitioning Hair

1. Pre-poo with cocoa nut oil either overnight or w/heat 15 minutes

2. Wash with baking soda and water mix

3. Rinse with apple cider vinegar and water mix

4. Rinse again with water only

5. D/C ORS Replenishing Conditioner for 20-25 minutes

6. Apply leave ins (still working on staples)

7. Air Dry

8. Wear protective style of choice

No comments:

Followers