One of my best friends started Club 10 and asked family and friends to join. Club 10 is weight loss club to promote spiritual awareness of one self and weight loss. Plus, every month there is a cash award! Once I heard about the club I immediately jumped on because my plateau season is slowly approaching. During my plateau the accountability Club 10 provides will help me over the hump. This is a great way to get started and stay motivated. Below are more details about the club.
The fitness club for those who are going after Divine Order in their body, mind and soul.
The year 2010 has rushed in heighted urgency in many people to “Get it together” in some or every aspect of their lives. And appropriately so, since biblically the number ten signifies the perfection of Divine order. So, you are right in line, in even seeking balance, direction, wholeness of your physical body. Perhaps, you have finally gotten personal, professional, and spiritual arenas to your liking, now it is time to go after the WHOLE MAN and conqueror your health. I believe that if you have tried numerous times before to lose weight, gain balance in your appetites, or to consistently treat your body like the sacred temple it is, now is the time and God will give you the grace to go after the Divine Perfection concerning your physical man so that you may have a life that is balanced in every aspect and reflect His glory! You can go all things through Christ who will strengthen you! Know that you are not alone in this journey, God is with you and is concerned about every detail of your life and now you have CLUB 10 for additional motivation, support, encouragement, and empowerment!
Ten pounds is a significant amount a weight to lose per month. It will take consistent and purposefully effort to accomplish. Experts recommend losing 1-2 pounds per week through balanced diet, cleansing water, and 30 minutes of cardio exercise most days. It will be challenging to fit the target each month but YOU CAN DO IT!
CLUB 10 RULES:
1) You must weigh in weekly on SUNDAY and honestly report your progress via email to me.
2) In order to be entered into the monthly “I DID IT” Drawing, you must loss ten pounds that month and have paid into the pot.
3) We encourage you to avoid fad and extreme diets. But, rather aim for eating 4-5 small meals and healthy snacks per day. Replace prepackaged, fatty, fried, and sugary items with fresh/ frozen fruit & veggies and lean meats that have been baked, broiled, or grilled with EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). Try eating foods in their more natural state as God created them.
4) We are aiming for healthy life style choices, so you can earn an extra entries in the monthly “I DID IT” drawing by:
a. WORKING OUT- at least 12 times within the month qualifies your for an extra entry.
• Workouts are defined as at least moderate cardio exercise for 30 minutes or longer.
• Walking, jogging, tennis, racquetball, aerobics, dancing, exercise videos, jump rope, etc.
• If you are not able to do 30 minutes consecutively, we encourage you to do two 15 minute segments or three 10 minute segments, until you work your way up to 30 minutes.
b. DRINKING WATER- at least 8 glasses per day everyday!!!
• If you drink only water, herbal tea (lightly sweeten), or natural fruit juice for the ENTIRE month you qualify for an extra entry. No soda!
c. EATING FRESH FRUIT AND HEALTHY VEGTABLES- at least 12 servings per week! Although we should all aim for at least 5 servings of fruit and veggies A DAY. 12 per week will be a good start for many.
• FUITS- fresh apples, pears, organs, kiwi, peaches and properly portioned berries & melons, etc.
• VEGATABLES- fresh or frozen veggies that are slightly steamed to preserve their nutrients, such as, leafy greens, squashes, broccoli, cauliflower, greens beans, green salad mixes, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach, etc.
• Remember- serving is one small apple/ orange, ½ a banana, generally ½ cup cooked veggies, and 2 cups of salad. It’s easier to achieve the proper intake than you may think.
TO GET STARTED:
I would encourage you to take a current Before Picture, weigh yourself on the scale that you will be using weekly and record your starting weight, and take rough measurement of your neck, chest, arms, hips, and thighs. Measurements are a handy reference and will help keep you from getting frustrated when the scale is not moving as fast as you like. Inches make a big difference!!! You may find keeping a daily journal/ or log beneficial to jot down this information and your daily water, fruit/ veggie, exercise accomplishments.
Go grocery shopping and/ or clean out your fridge/ pantry of items you find too tempting or that may derail your success. Buy a variety of health items, so you don’t get bored. Try new veggies and fruits. Preplan your meals and pack your lunch and snakes with you so you won’t be tempted to indulge in poor choices.
Make a plan of action of when and what type of exercise you will go. Make your exercise time a priority! Keep your gym clothes packed in your truck or at least your tennis shoes
Amara La Negra & the Colorism Debate
14 hours ago