Here is another appetizer I made for my “Red Stilettos and Champagne” Girls Night. Enjoy!
12 mini red potatoes
4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
4 ounces Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon capers, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped dill
freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons chopped smoked salmon
garnish: dill, quartered cherry tomatoes
1. Cook potatoes in a pot of salted water for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Make sure a knife goes through a potato without any resistance.
2. Once potatoes are cooked, cool them in cold water. Cut potatoes in half and if necessary slice off a piece from the bottom of each half to make sure the potatoes will not tip over on a plate.
3. Using a melon baller, scoop out the insides of the potatoes.
4. Combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, capers, chopped dill, smoked salmon and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Fill the potato halves with the mixture from step 4.
6. Top each filled potato half with a quarter of a cherry tomato and a fresh dill sprig.
1. Instead of adding smoked salmon into the cream cheese mixture, use it as a topping.
2. Feel free to use any other herbs: basil, parsley, thyme.
3. Try adding a bit of lemon juice and/or lemon zest into the cream cheese filling.
4. If you are not a fan of capers, try using black cured olives.
5. Of course you can use the filling on top of your favorite bagel.
Celebrating Black Women's Firsts in 2017
23 hours ago