Monday, March 22, 2010

30 Day Shred

With all the hype surrounding the “30 Day Shred” with Jillian Michaels (Michaels), I decided to give it a try. Besides going to the gym 5 days a week was starting to get boring and I reached a plateau. Personally, plateau plus boring gym routines equals more pounds around the hips a thighs. Quickly, I made a needed u-turn in order to switch up my routine to stay focus on my weight loss goals.


Michaels’ DVD is the BOMB! Of course this is my opinion but I absolutely love the set up. The program is based on the 1-2-3, 3-2-1 method designed by Michaels. There are three levels of intense exercise which refers to the 1-2-3 method. Then at each level there are three circuits that comprise of 3 minutes strength training, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs. The best part is each level is only 20 minutes of intense in your face workouts.

A 20 minute workout is more attractive than spending hours at the gym. Personally, I prefer 20 minute workouts that were introduce to me for the first time on bodyrock.tv. However, I know my body and 20 minutes a day is not enough and additional cardio is needed. For the last 30 days my weekly routine was 2 days of cardio for 40 minutes at the gym coupled with Michaels’ DVD 4-5 times.

This routine was easy to follow for the last 30 days. I must admit that each level was harder and harder. The 20 minute workout left no room for laziness and breaks; literally I constantly pushed myself thru each exercise. Proudly, my hard work paid off and I lost 10 pounds. All the credit is not Michaels but also my revamped eating habits and Club 10 for motivation.

The 30 Day Shred was such a success for me that I ordered Michaels: No More Trouble Zones. Finally, results and I finally reached 140 pounds and 15 more to go. For the last year or so my weight has staggered between 145 and 150 pounds. Once 145 pound is reached I plateau, get discourage, bad habits kick back into gear, and back to 150 pounds. Boy oh boy, not this time and I’m excited!!

No comments:

Followers