Monday, September 26, 2011

The Road to a Perfect Smile

A couple of months ago I decided to purchase invisalign to fix my smile. Growing up I was teased because I had beaver teeth. Slowly as I got older I grew into my smile and now most people cannot notice. Now here is the perfect place to add a childhood picture but unfortunately I do not have one. However, I will post recent pictures of my smile.


The road to a perfect smile is only 8 months and I’m excited about that. Every two week my dentist instructed me to switch out the trays. The goal is to wear the trays at least 22 hours a day excluding meal and snack times. The first day or so of wearing them was a little weird. First there was the tightness around my teeth and then the slight speech impediment.

Now no one at my job noticed that my speech sounded funny but I can hear oddly. Friends and family didn’t notice the difference either. Words that start with “s” or end with a “t” pose the most difficulty and for these words I make a conscious effort to speak clearly. Any who as my journey continues I’ll keep you ladies posted.



This is a picture of my teeth without my trays. Can you see the "anchors" onthe side of my teeth to help give the snug fit.


Here is a picture with my trays. Believe me, I have the trays on in this picture. So far no one at my job has noticed them or commented on my speech.

Do you have or know someone with invisalign?

No comments:

Followers