Monday, February 15, 2010

Turn 1 Meal into 2 or 3...

Last weekend was Super Bowl Sunday, Go Saints! I was rooting for the underdog and really wanted the Saints to win. Of course the Saints did not let me down! Any who, I watch the game with family and friends and of course food was all around me. I enjoyed everything but in SMALL portions. I try not to obsess over what I eat but concentrate over how much I eat in one seating. Now I do read labels and try to pick and cook healthier options of my favorite foods; however a little can mean a lot.


Of course before going home I made a to-go plate piled with potato salad, wings, a burger, pasta salad, string beans, and one sausage link. Despite the fact that I love, I mean LOVE banana pudding I decided to leave it (Go Harmony). The next day for lunch I ate the potato salad, string beans, and sausage link with no bread. That night after getting home from the gym I was STARVING! So of course I went directly to my Super Bowl meal because all I had to do was pop it in the microwave.

Instead of eating everything at once, I was hungry enough; I ate the hot wings and pasta salad. The next day for lunch I had the burger with cheese on sandwich thins and a spinach/tomato salad with raspberry vinaigrette. I’m very proud of myself by showing discipline and eating everything over several meals instead of one. In between meals when I felt a little hungry I snacked on veggies left over from my Girls Night Party. From now on during holidays and special events I plan to do the same. Why didn’t I think of this before?!

No comments:

Followers