Monday, June 21, 2010

A Summer Vacay...

…from manipulating and styling my hair. Now that I’m 15 months into my transition, protective styles are a life saver from the battle of the textures. For now I plan to have my hair braided for the summer, a routine I followed even while relaxed. The heat here in Texas is unbearable so I rather not deal with my hair during the HOTEST months of the year. While my hair is tucked away for the summer I plan to do my own research on hair in general.




A couple a years ago I bought Cathy Howse’s book on hair growth and plan to revisit it as a refresher. Additionally, I plan to pick up other books such as: Don’t Go Shopping for Hair-Care Products Without Me and Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America. Of course research will be documented right here on my blog for all to view. Since my transition started I’ve ran across so many different views on products, techniques, etc…that the process can seem overwhelming. The plan is to take matters in my own hands by researching and getting an idea of what may or may not work for my hair. While in research mode, I plan to explore other topics such as health, fitness, and finances. Hopefully, you guys don’t get bored with all my future babbling. Until next time…

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Hey! I found your blog on KISS. I'm capriMOM there.
I plan on reading the same books this summer. I think I'll have to get the Don't Go Shopping for Hair-Care Products Without Me book too.

Ms. Harmony said...

Hi Ashleigh,

Thanks so much for checking out my blog and for the wonderful comment on KISS! I've tried looking for the book DGSHC Products without me at the library to no avail. Once I find it and read I'll post a review here. Welcome to my blog!!

Tiffany said...

What are the current products you are using on your hair? Is that you in the picture?


Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Ms. Harmony said...

Hi there Tiffany,

Thanks for stopping by. Yes that is me in the picture sporting my crochet braids. I still have the crochet braids so as far as products I cleanse my scalp with ORS dry shampoo. I keep my scalp and edges moisturized with cocoanut oil and castor oil mix. When my hair is free, I use ORS shampoo and replenishing conditioner. I'm still searching for the perfect leave in.

Followers