Monday, January 4, 2010

Health Tip for the Week



Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sounds cliché but it’s true. Studies have proved that starting your day with a healthy breakfast speeds up your metabolism. Many people skip breakfast due to lack of time and healthy options. Below are a couple of healthy breakfast options I will also incorporate in my healthy eating routine.
1.       Fresh fruit and cottage cheese
2.       Fresh fruit smoothie with whey or soy protein and flax seed
3.       Chicken and spinach crust less quiche
4.       High fiber cereal like Fiber 1 with soy or skim milk
5.       English muffin with almond butter and half grapefruit
6.       Plain yogurt with fresh berries and granola
7.       Regular oatmeal with cinnamon and brown sugar (you can cook regular oatmeal in a microwave) with a piece of wheat toast
These are really easy and healthy options I can have even on my busiest days. Most time I prepare my breakfast, lunch, and snacks the night before to eat while at work. Every one may not have this flexibility but these tasty choices only takes minutes in the morning to prepare and consume. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Followers