Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life always throws curve balls

Hi everyone! Let me start by apologizing for the inconsistent blog posts and please bear with me. This year has been tough for me in so many ways and too much to explain. All I know is that life has thrown me way too many curve balls this year and it’s time for someone else to play catch. Seriously, I do plan to start up my weekly postings as soon as my plate is cleared.


Recently, my 9 year old niece has come to live with me and to my surprise she was relaxed. She just received her relaxer about two months before coming to Texas. When I picked her up at the airport one of the first things she said was “Auntie, can you make me an afro puff?” Of course I was proudly sporting my puff which inspired her to want one too.

Currently, my plan is not to relax my niece’s hair again so unbeknownst to her she has started transitioning. Since I have sixteen months of transitioning experience under my belt she should have a good transition back to natural. Of course I discussed this with my sister and she is ok with my decision because I have to deal with the maintenance. Hopefully you guys don’t mind but I plan to document my niece’s journey right here!

Until next time ladies, ciao!!

No comments:

Followers