Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chicago Hair

Day 4 Hair
Last week I had a much needed vacation and went home to visit family with my honey in tow. It was his first time to Chicago so he was excited to go. The mini vacay was prompted by my cousin’s college graduation. It’s amazing how time flies because it seem like yesterday when she was about 11 years old attending my college graduation **huge sigh here**.
For my hair, I decided to keep things simple with a twist out. On deck were my ecostyler gel, oil, and conditioning mix just in case I needed to redo my twists. The night before our flight I co-washed and twisted my hair. The next day I wore my twists all day and on the plane that night. This is the first time my extended family has seen my natural hair in person. Of course they have seen random pics since my big chop but they were going to see it in person. Honestly, I had some reservations on their reactions because everyone is still relaxed.
This is day 9 Hair
Well to my surprise I had a very great response. Another cousin and her sister are currently transitioning. Everyone absolutely loved my twist out, my hair in general. This made my heart melt and I felt naturally free 2b me!! As far as maintenance, I kept the process very simple and my twist out lasted a long time. Every night I retwisted my hair with oil only, untwisted the next day and fluffed. That’s it!
By day nine my hair was very dry and in much need of a co-wash. In order to get through this day I pulled the front back using my ouchless clip and added a flower on the side.

No comments:

Followers