Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thermal Turban Heat Wrap

On my second wash day since the big chop I used the heat therapy wrap purchased from Curl Mart. Before ordering it online I searched several Sally’s in my area but none had the wrap. The wrap comes in two colors and I opted for the chocolate color. The reason I ordered the wrap is to have freedom to move around while deep conditioning my hair. Another reason is to eliminate time sitting under the dryer because it’s summer time and the heat index in Texas is off the charts. Additionally, the instructions states the wrap can be worn while bathing, showering, relaxing, or cleaning the house.  


The instructions states to heat the wrap in the microwave in 10 second intervals for 8-10 rounds. The wrap has three pockets with Velcro strips to hold the gel packs in place. The gel packs are used to distribute the heat evenly around the wrap. The gel packs can be removed in order to wash the heat wrap when needed.



After the fives round in the microwave, I was skeptical to continue so I stopped there. When I took the wrap out the microwave I was unsure if this wrap will give me the same results as a blow dryer. The instructions also stated the wrap conditions for up to 30 minutes.

Once I put the wrap on quickly I realized that my thoughts were wrong. The wrap was very much heated and I can feel it working the conditioner. The wrap was very easy to use and afforded me the freedom to clean my house. The heat lasted 30 minutes and then started to cool. Afterwards, my hair felt so soft and manageable. I love this wrap and I recommend it to anyone who wants freedom to move around while deep conditioning. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if you can purchase in the store but the shipping with Curl Mart was very fast. Do you have the heat therapy wrap? If so, what were your results?

No comments:

Followers