Monday, March 22, 2010

So…I chickened out!

I chickened out of getting the kinky twists and corn rolls and decided on a lace front. Ateyaaa is my inspiration behind the wig. She is a hair and makeup guru you can easily find on YouTube. After seeing her with the “Tia” wig I had to buy it because it reminded me so much of my sew in.
weave

I am in love with the lace front wig! I love the color, the softness of the hair, length, and the semi natural look. The reason I say semi natural because my fellow afro American brothers and sisters knows this a lace front at first glance. However, my Caucasian brothers and sisters believe this wig is my natural hair. One way or the other, this is not a big deal for me because I’m not pretending this is my hair. For next four to six weeks I plan to wear this lace as a protective style. In a future post I will talk about the maintenance for my hair.


Tia by Janet Collection

As far as reactions, everyone seems to love the wig on me which is an added bonus. Day two of wearing the wig it felt tight around the edges. So to ease any tension I simply readjusted when needed. Just in case you are wondering, I did not use glue or tape. This wig has three combs and an adjustable strap that holds the wig in place perfectly. Now after many uses I may need to use glue at the top of my hairline because the wig may gap. If that happens then oh well because I do not plan to use the glue or tape along my edges. Without the glue, the wig has a snug fit so I can’t imagine adding glue to my hairline which can lead to breakage.

This wig is a full lace which means, my understanding, that I can wear it up in a high ponytail. So far I have yet to try a ponytail but honestly not interested. Right now I love the “wrapped” look; plus its cold outside so the wig also serves as my hat. HA! Seriously, this wig has been my protective style for the last three weeks. The convenience is lovely because I get up in the morning pop it on brush down and go. Also, on my cardio days at the gym I simply take it off and put on my scarf.

As far as the corn rolls, I planned to wait until the summer to rock them. Here in Texas the heat is blazing during the summer months. During the summer I prefer not to have hair on my neck. Right now I’m scouting some different yet professional styles with corn rolls to switch up from my norm. Cornrolls with side bun

So the hunt for the perfect corn roll style starts NOW.



No comments:

Followers